Frequently Asked Questions

Water & Sewer Rates

Garbage Service
Union Sanitation 562-6293

City Council meetings
The Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7 pm, Leonard Almquist Council Chambers, Union City Hall.

Union Carnegie Library hours and phone (

Property tax
The current rate is $1.57 per $1,000 assess value.  Union County collects all property taxes. Call Union County Assessor/Tax Collector 541-963-1002 or visit

Union Sanitation (local garbage service) 541-562-6293

Union County Animal Shelter 541-562-0807

Union County Sheriff 541-963-1017

Register to vote with Union County Clerk 541-963-1006

Union Cemetery District 541-562-5212

Reporting an Ordinance violation.
Pick up at City Hall or download a Citizen Comment Form. Fill it out and return to City Hall.

Dog licensing.
All dogs must be licensed in the City of Union. Licenses can be obtained at the Animal Shelter – 3212 Hwy 30, La Grande – 541-963-0807.

License $15.00
Must have current rabies certificate at the time of purchase.

Burn Permits
Permits are issued once a year for the following timeframe:
Annual permit January 1 to December 31 with no burning July 1 to September 31.
Permits are $10.00 a year

Volunteers are always welcome.
If you are interested pick up or download a volunteer form and return it to City Hall.